- Free Tumblr Template : infinite scroll wall, with touch enabled lightbox
- #ParisJS – FlatClock3D – Slides
- Liste de plugins et ressources jQuery 2013 #BestOf #jQuery
- Cours/TP jQuery, Julien Guézennec, 1ère année
- Multi-screen “Flat 3D” analogue clock (with jQuery and CSS3) – V2.6
- jQuery scrollView : Viewport scroll and screen vertical helper
- jQuery Colonize plugin : In-between titles multicols paragraphs with CSS3
- Je lance la #GuezNet sur mon blog !
- Dynamisez vos pages web avec jQuery.boxFx.js
- BeeLine Reader : Lire plus vite et reduire les erreurs
- jQuery.ReadR.js – Slides pour la conf #ParisJS 13
- Emitter Sprites/Particules factory with jQuery & CSS3
- Blobby Particules Factory with jQuery & CSS3 V0.1
- Pixels polished jQuery & CSS3 analogue clock
- My Book ReadR V1.12 – HTML5 / jQuery polished “Page as a Book” reader
- GuezNet N°57 – WebDev, Freedom, Openness – 17/11/13
- GuezNet N°56 – Médias, Politique, Innovations, IT, Hackers, Open source – 08/10/13
- GuezNet N°55 – IOS7, PRISM, WebGL, Crypto, Banksters, Syrie, …
- GuezNet N°54 – La feuille de choux «coding & politique» ouverte d’esprit
- GuezNet N°53 – C’est énorme ! Un monstre d’infos #EveryWhereElse #NewsPorn #Web
- GuezNet N°52 – Les News du Front #PRISM #GOOGLE #JS … [26/08/2013]
- GuezNet N°51 – Les News du Front – World, Code and Politics, … [22/07/2013]
Best “must know” open sources to build the new Web
Here the dump of my ultimate collection of online Web development resources and directories, oriented for the Front-End users Interfaces (UI).
HTML5 and all related open standards are moving fast, but for now, building a whole Website/WebApp on top of that can be very inconsistent, especially across various browsers experiences.
So… how to embrace new awesome web technologies ?
There is not only JS, building a state-of-the-art webSite. That now like making a big movie, with hundred specialized tasks and jobs…
From A to Z, this is huge ! Even if i think we don’t need to be an expert for all… (Thus we try) ^^
Best things in life are free, time to learn !
- LEARNING HTML 5, CODING AND DESIGN
- SERVER SIDE SOFTWARES
- PHP FRAMEWORKS AND TOOLS
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- API AND ONLINE DATA
- ONLINE CODE AND MEDIA EDITING
- CODE RESOURCES AND VERSION CONTROL
- JQUERY PLUGINS
- OTHER JQUERY RESOURCES
- HTML5 VIDEO PLAYERS
- CLIENT SIDE AND EMULATING
- CSS3 and FONTS
- WEBSITE (FULL) TEMPLATES
LEARNING HTML 5, CODING AND DESIGN
- ★ HTML5 Rocks : Learn HTML5 by Major Feature Groups (HTML5 Demos, tutos and playground). Sources by Google
- Awesome HTML5 Dashboard by Mozilla
- WhatWG Developers, A clear technical specification of HTML5 for Web developers
- ★ StackOverflow : Welcome to Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers
- Codrops, tutorials and web resources
- WebAppers, best Open Source Resources for Web Developers
- Tutorialzine – PHP MySQL jQuery CSS Tutorials, Resources and Freebies
- WebDev and jQuery wiki codes snippets, compiled by myself ;)
SERVER SIDE SOFTWARES
- Lighttpd is a lightweight open-source web server. News, documentation, benchmarks, bugs, and download. Lighttpd powers several popular Web 2.0 sites like YouTube, wikipedia and meebo.
- NGinx, high performance and lightweight web server as well as a reverse proxy and e-mail platform
- The Apache HTTP Server Project is an effort to develop and maintain an open-source HTTP server for modern operating systems
- ★ PHP : Hypertext Preprocessor. Server-side HTML embedded scripting language. It provides web developers with a full suite of tools for building dynamic websites
- FFmpeg – Tools to record, convert, stream and play multimedia content including libavcodec and libavformat, two libraries used by many other open source projects
- And… Ruby, Python, Erlang, Perl, Java, .NET, Android, C++, Go, Fantom, CoffeeScript, D, …
PHP FRAMEWORKS AND TOOLS
- ★ WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog
- Drupal is an open source content management platform (CMS).
Come for the software, stay for the community
- Centurion is a new open-source CMS delivered as a flexible PHP5 Content Management Framework. We simplify the use of Zend Framework, which is ZF extended. Our components are generic, simple, clear and reusable.
- phpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution
- SPIP est un système de publication pour l’Internet (CMS) qui s’attache particulièrement au fonctionnement collectif, au multilinguisme et à la facilité d’emploi. C’est un logiciel libre, distribué sous la licence GNU/GPL
- MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia
- ★ SimplePie : Super-fast, easy-to-use, RSS and Atom feed parsing in PHP
- ★ PHPthumb, PHP image manipulation library
- ★ PHPMailer is a fully featured email transfer class for PHP
- A simple, open, server-to-server web-hook-based pubsub (publish/subscribe) protocol as an extension to Atom and RSS. Parties (servers) speaking the PubSubHubbub protocol can get near-instant notifications
- MonoQL is an AJAX web application to manage MySQL databases. MonoQL will provide all major features of phpMyAdmin for MySQL, including database & table design, data browsing & editing, advanced querying & more
- MariaDB is a community-developed branch of the MySQL database, under GPL status, as opposed to any uncertainty of MySQL license status under its current ownership by Oracle.
- ★ SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine.
- SQL online designer editor
API AND ONLINE DATA
- ProgrammableWeb, Most Popular Web Services and API Directory
- The following Google services provide APIs that implement the Google Data Protocol. Each API has its own set of guides and resources, including information about using client libraries
- Yahoo! Developer Network – APIs & Tools
- Yahoo! Pipes An interactive feed aggregator and manipulator
- ★ The Yahoo! Query Language is an expressive SQL-like language that lets you query, filter, and join data across Web services
ONLINE CODE AND MEDIA EDITING
- ★ CodeRun Studio is a cross-platform Integrated Development Environment (IDE), designed for the cloud. It enables you to easily develop, debug and deploy web applications using your browser.
- JSONeditor, easy editing of json strings
- ★ TinyMCE is a powerful WYSIWYG editor control for web browsers such as MSIE or Mozilla that enables the user to edit HTML content in a more user friendly way
- Ext Designer is a desktop application that helps you create interfaces faster than ever in an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop environment.
- ★ Wireframes / UI Design From static wireframes to rapid prototypes, web developers can do it all with LucidChart. Collaborate with your client and design team in real-time to cut down on iterations.
- Balsamiq Mockups, online sketch helping you in your design
- Color Scheme Designer 3
- ★ Pixlr, Photoshop like image editing direct in your browser
- Aviary, free online photo editor. Plus Aviary API for developers
- Favicon Generator
CODE RESOURCES AND VERSION CONTROL
- ★ GitHub is the best way to collaborate with others. Fork, send pull requests and manage all your public and private git repositories.
- Git is an extremely fast, efficient, distributed version Source Code Management tool ideal for the collaborative development of software.
- Google Code est destiné aux développement relatif à Google. L’entreprise y diffuse des codes sous licence libre ainsi que la liste des API utilisables
- Code Snippets, Snipplr Social Snippet Repository
- ★ The official jQuery User Interface (UI) library (Demos and Doc). Sources, Themes Roller, Download.
- jQuery TOOLS – The missing UI library for the Web
- YUI 2 — Yahoo! User Interface Library
- Prototype provides class-style Object Oriented and AJAX
- ★ jQuery Mobile : Touch-Optimized Web Framework for Smartphones & Tablets
A unified user interface system across all popular mobile device platforms, built on the rock-solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. Sources.
- Zepto.js is a minimalist inlinable framework for mobile WebKit browsers, with a jQuery-like chaining syntax. Sources.
- MicroJS : Fantastic Micro-Frameworks and Micro-Libraries for Fun and Profit !
- ★ Sencha Touch allows you to develop mobile web apps that look and feel native on iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry touch devices
- JQtouch, a jQuery plugin for mobile web development on the iPhone, Android, iPod Touch, and other forward-thinking devices. Sources.
- jQuery Waypoints is a small jQuery plugin that makes it easy to execute a function whenever you scroll to an element with or without infinite scrolling enabled
- This jQuery plugin is an on-demand plugin loader, also known as a Lazy loader
- Css3-like Easings for jQuery animations
- Spritely is a jQuery plugin for creating dynamic character and background animation (Pan, Scroll, Sprite)
- jQuery File Upload User Interface Plugin 4.4.1
- JQuery Slideshow/Carousel Plugin. Sources.
- Flux Slider Transitions Gallery, hardware accelerated image transitions using CSS3
- Roundabout for jQuery, 3D effect carousel with sprites (Div) that turn around an axe
- Supersized – Full Screen Background/Slideshow jQuery Plugin
- jQuery Masonry is a layout plugin for jQuery that arranges elements vertically then horizontally according to a grid, minimizing gaps. Sources.
- jQuery simple Layout Demo that manage slidable and resizable, multi-pane
- Flexigrid jQuerydatagrid plugin
- Isotope, an exquisite jQuery plugin for magical layouts Reveal & hide items with filtering Re–order items with sorting Dynamic, intelligent layouts
- The Super Gestures jQuery plugin records gestures made by the user’s mouse. This is great for touch interface web applications
- jQuery MouseWheel is a plugin that adds cross-browser mouse wheel support
- AutoSuggest jQuery Plugin, add some auto-completing functionality
- qTip is an advanced tooltip plugin it provides you with tonnes of features like rounded corners and speech bubble tips
- jQuery Charts and graphic tool
- jQuery Tools – The missing UI library for the Web
OTHER JQUERY RESOURCES
HTML5 VIDEO PLAYERS
- ★ Popcorn.js is an event system for HTML5 Video, with strong syntactic sugar for chaining < video > methods and adding events to the timeline. (From Mozilla)
- LeanBack Player HTML5 Video Player with Subtitle-Support (From Google)
- A single URL for your video. Vid.ly keep up to date with the thousands of smart phones, features phones, and tablets on the market and which type of video they support. When a mobile device visits your vid.ly url we deliver up the correct video format
- ★ Using HTML5 and Flash, SoundManager V2 provides reliable, simple and advanced, cross-platform audio under a single API
- The Radiolab Hyper Audio Player v1, brought to you by WNYC Radiolab, SoundCloud and Mozilla Drumbeat
- jPlayer, a jQuery HTML5 Audio / Video Library with comprehensive API
- ★ Processing.js makes your data visualizations, digital art, interactive animations, educational graphs, video games, etc. work using web standards and without any plug-ins
The aim of the project is to create a lightweight 3D engine with a very low level of complexity — in other words, for dummies. The engine can render using <canvas>, <svg> and WebGL.
- Shader Toy, online shaders visualizer and editor (2D/3D)
- PhiloGL, a WebGL Framework for Data Visualization, Creative Coding and Game Development
- What Firebug and Developer Tools are to HTML/JS, WebGL Inspector is to WebGL
- WebGL frameworks listed by the Khronos Group
- jQuery SVG plugin that lets you interact with an SVG canvas
- Display live data on your site Google chart tools are powerful, simple to use and free. Try out our rich gallery of interactive charts and data tools.
- Arbor.js, a graph visualization library exploring nodes and relations and using web workers and jQuery
- YepNopeJS : An Asynchronous Conditional Resource Loader helping detecting browser missing features. Sources.
- jQuery CSS3 Finalise : Tired of adding prefix for each browser when it comes to the new CSS3 attributes ?
- ★ Amplify.js : Store, request and pub/sub. Amplify API goal is to simplify all forms of data handling by providing a unified API for various data sources. Amplify’s store component handles persistent client-side storage, using standards like localStorage and sessionStorage, but falling back on non-standard implementations for older browsers. Sources.
- History.js gracefully supports the HTML5 History/State APIs
- Socket.IO aims to make realtime apps possible in every browser and mobile device
- json:select(), CSS-like selectors for JSON
- Responsive image, an Experiment with Mobile-First Images that Scale Responsively & Responsibly
- Backbone give your JS App some Models, Views, Collections, and Events
CLIENT SIDE AND EMULATING
- BrowserShot, check Browser Compatibility, Cross Platform Browser Test
- Test everything… Enter a URL you want to test
- Android browser emulator
- Iphone browser emulator
- Opera browser emulator
CSS3 and FONTS
- ★ The dynamic stylesheet language. LESS extends CSS with dynamic behavior such as variables, mixins, operations and functions
- The Semantic GRID system. Set column and gutter widths, choose the number of columns, and switch between pixels and percentages
- ★ Twitter Boostrap Bootstrap is a toolkit from Twitter designed to kickstart development of webapps and sites. It includes base CSS and HTML for typography, forms, buttons, tables, grids, navigation, and more [NEW]
- ★ CSS3 Maker and generator
- Create amazing WebKit CSS3 animations with ease. Sencha Animator is a desktop app to create CSS3 animations for WebKit browsers and touchscreen mobile devices. Create rich experiences for today’s most popular devices.
- CSSwarp – CSS Text to Path Generator
- Gradient Editor, a powerful Photoshop-like CSS gradient editor from ColorZilla
- ★ Google Web Fonts lets you browse all the fonts available via the Google Web Fonts API (open source license)
- @font-face Kit Generator, convert fonts for the Web
- Typetester, compare fonts for the screen
- Media Queries. a collection of responsive web designs
- Pattern TAP, Users Interface (UI) components
WEBSITE (FULL) TEMPLATES
- ★ HTML5 Boilerplate A rock-solid base HTML/CSS/JS template for HTML5 awesome, for a fast, robust and future-proof site.
After more than three years in iterative development, you get the best of the best practices baked in : cross-browser normalization, performance optimizations, even optional features like cross-domain Ajax and Flash. A starter apache .htaccess config file hooks you the eff up with caching rules and preps your site to serve HTML5 video, use @font-face, and get your gzip zipple on. Sources.
- HTML5 starter pack is a clean & ordered directory structure that fit for most projects, a few of the most common files (html, css, js), as well as a basic Photoshop web design template, again with an groups structure fit for most projects.
- ★ Initializr is an HTML5 templates generator to help you getting started with an HTML5 project, in 15 seconds !
- Animated Portfolio Gallery with jQuery
- Making a Slick MobileApp Website with jQuery & CSS
- How to Build an RSS Reader with jQuery Mobile
- ★ Building Single Page Applications With jQuery’s Best Friends (Backbone, Underscore, …)
- Google TV Optimized Templates, to make website optimization for TV easier, we are providing templates – 2 in HTML5 and 2 in Flash – that developers can download and modify with their own content and style. The HTML5 version of these templates are utilizing the Google TV UI library, jQuery based and Closure based. The UI library can be used independent of the templates.
I know this is a monkey list ! Keep calm, you don’t have to read all… at least if you click on all starred links, it’s cool ;)
PS2 : Thanks a lot to #FOWD providing me wifi connection and inspiration ;)